Fuel Labs Testnet Review and Guide
By George Sasin 720 25 Apr 2023
The excitement following the Arbitrum drop has settled, so now you can consider the next project to test. In this article, we introduce you to Fuel – a project that aims to conduct high-speed transactions. Even if you're inexperienced with this, our easy-to-follow guide will help you kickstart your journey in testing networks.
Fuel v1 originally started as a Layer 2 (L2) scalability solution for Ethereum, but it has come a long way since then. With successful funding rounds totaling $81.5 million, and support from renowned funds like Blockchain Capital, Stratos, CoinFund, and Spartan, Fuel has grown into an impressive project. One of the founders of Fuel is John Adler, co-founder and research director at Celestia Labs.
According to the team, Fuel is the fastest execution layer for the modular blockchain stack. It delivers the highest security and flexible throughput for decentralized applications.
And now, let's move to the testnet!
Downloading Fuel Wallet
Visit the project's website and download the wallet;
- Head to the installation guide page and carefully follow the provided instructions.
- Once the wallet is installed, make sure to securely store the copied recovery phrase;
Acquiring some test tokens
- Copy your wallet address, click on the "Faucet" option, complete the captcha, and hit "GIVE ME ETHER";
- Interacting with the website Follow the link, click on "Connect", and confirm the connection in your wallet;
- Click on "Get accounts"
Using fuel.signMessage to request user signature
- Click on "Sign Message";
Testing asset transfers
- Enter the desired amount and click "Transfer"
- Sign the transaction
Lastly, don't forget to share your feedback on the project's Discord channel.
Testnets can be a fantastic way to earn cryptocurrency without having to invest any of your own funds. While some may raise concerns about drops being cancelled by teams like SUI, others may remember success stories like Aptos, where users received 150 APT for purchasing NFTs on the testnet. While testnets don't guarantee rewards, it's definitely an opportunity worth considering.