What Is Orbiter Finance and How to Get its Airdrop?
By Roman Batekha 208 26 May 2023
Orbiter Finance is a decentralized cross-rollup bridge for transferring assets between L1 and L2 networks. It offers reduced transaction fees and faster execution compared to conventional bridges.
As of today, the bridge is compatible with an array of networks, namely: Ethereum, zkSync Era, zkSync Lite, Polygon, Polygon zkEVM, Arbitrum, Arbitrum Nova, Loopring, Optimism, Immutable X, StarkNet, BNB Сhain and more are to be added in the future.
A particularly appealing feature of this system is that it bypasses direct interaction with smart contracts when using the bridge. Instead, it directly transfers assets to your chosen network wallet from its decentralized liquidity pool. This innovation bolsters the security level, shielding both users and the project from potential cyberattacks – a regrettably frequent occurrence in the crypto sphere.
The project completed its first financing round on November 29, 2022, drawing the attention and investment of many funds, including:
- Tiger Global Management, previously backing projects such as LayerZero, Apex Protocol, StarkNet, and Near Protocol
- Amber Group, with investments in 1inch, CyberConnect, Nomad, and Mina Protocol
- StarkWare, having financed ventures like dYdX, ArgentX, Braavos Wallet, and Parallel Finance.
- Even Ethereum developer Vitalik Buterin added his name to the list of investors.
The total investment sum, however, remains confidential.
The website's functionality is as straightforward and intuitive as can be.
You simply select the networks you'll be interacting with, then select your token.
At the very bottom, you can see:
Gas Fee Saved indicates the amount you can save by using the Orbiter Finance bridge compared to the official bridge of the network you're transferring from.
Time Spent shows the time it will take for you to receive your assets in another network.
How to Get an Airdrop from Orbiter Finance?
It was announced in the official Discord that the project will have its own token, so interaction with the bridge could possibly lead to an airdrop.
Likely criteria for the drop could include:
- Number of transactions through the bridge
- Volume of assets
- Interaction with different networks
- Frequency of bridge usage
Additionally, using the bridge could earn you special roles in Discord.
To claim them, head over to Guild, and link your discord and wallet. After this, you will automatically receive roles.
As of today, these roles include:
- Member - Link your wallet
- Flying Alien - Follow on Twitter and add an emoji to your username
- Pilot - Make 3+ transactions
- Trainee Pilot - Make 10+ transactions
- Elite Pilot - Make 50+ transactions
- Expert Pilot - Make 100+ transactions
- Ace Pilot - Make 500+ transactions
Every day, more and more users are utilizing the bridge. The vast selection of networks for transfers, user-friendly interface, and swift transactions are fueling its popularity. Using the Orbiter Finance bridge is indeed economically advantageous. Plus, you also stand a chance to receive an airdrop.